Fancy Pants

It's a long time since I've owned a pair of blue jeans. Something about them just screams 'normal' to me and they've never quite fit into my mix and match wardrobe. But, since denim has made a spectacular comeback thanks to the likes of Marques Almeida, it's no longer a case of skinny jeans or GTFO, and the choice has grown exponentially. We've been released from the shackles of Joni jeans and a whole new world of denim is there for us to explore.

I believe the hipster waistline is a curse from which denim should be freed (muffin top anyone?), so the high waisted fit of these raw edged, wide legged, cropped length jeans made them a winner from the start. And they go with everything. The silhouette steers them clear of boring territory, they sit on my waist, they have real pockets (I loathe fake pockets), and the length is winter appropriate with boots and summer appropriate with sandals. Yes, they are magic jeans.

I set myself a challenge of styling these magic jeans up four different ways and it turned out not to be a challenge at all. The real challenge was not tearing everything off its hanger and having a movie montage style trying on session. I felt like Marc Bolan in my fur collar, flares and snazzy boots, whereas with more pared back styling, my outfit took on a new, more sleek appeal. Who knew one pair of jeans could be so many things?

L - Jeans (throughout): ASOS, Coat: Paul Smith, Collar: Select, Turtleneck: stolen from my boyfriend years ago, Boots: Zara / R - Blazer: Topshop, Jumper & Boots: ASOS

L - Top: Zara, Necklace: Colours May Vary / R - Shirt: Handed down from my Nana, Scarf: Bella Singleton 

Labels: